About the Firm
Proven Morgantown Lawyers Stand Up for Employees’ Rights
West Virginia firm seeks justice for mistreated workers and students
West Virginians work hard on the job and in the classroom. Unfortunately, employers and other authorities often try to take advantage of their positions to mistreat workers and students. At the Moore Law Firm, PLLC, our accomplished West Virginia employment litigators and student advocates have the skill, determination, and experience to help you succeed in court and at the negotiation table. In cases relating to wrongful termination, discrimination, unpaid wages, improper actions against students, and other forms of misconduct, we’ll fight to collect compensation and implement corrective measures.
Responsive attorneys handle discrimination, harassment and wage disputes
Even when the facts and law are on your side, there’s usually just one chance to state your case. With so much on the line, you need a lawyer who is:
- Established — Our attorneys have earned a strong reputation across the State of West Virginia for delivering exceptional advice and advocacy. We’re familiar with the local courts and educational institutions, which gives clients an advantage when determining their legal options.
- Trustworthy — With more than four decades of combined legal experience, you can rely on us to anticipate tactics that employers use and develop an effective strategy suited to your particular circumstances.
- Focused — No matter how difficult the odds might seem, we’ll focus on identifying the best way to bring about the result you seek. We use our negotiation, litigation, and mediation skills to overcome obstacles and maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome.
Starting with a free initial consultation, our firm works tirelessly to achieve your objectives in a prompt, professional manner.
Areas of Practice
Aggressive employment law advocates take on tough challenges
In Monongalia County and the surrounding area, our firm represents clients in cases pertaining to:
- Employment law — We provide effective counsel in a full range of employment law matters, including wage and overtime claims and wrongful termination actions.
- Student advocacy — Whether you’re attending college or trying to help your child get the education they’re entitled to, our firm serves as a strong student advocate in situations involving discrimination, discipline, and other vital issues.
- Family and Medical Leave Act issues — The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) gives certain workers the right to take unpaid time away from work to address important family and medical concerns. If you have questions about how this applies to you or believe your rights have been violated, we’ll give you prompt assistance.
- Gender discrimination — No one should be denied the chance to succeed based on gender or pressured into giving a superior sexual attention. Our firm advocates for victims in gender discrimination and sexual harassment cases.
- Whistleblower litigation — If you’ve suffered the effects of retaliation because you reported someone’s illegal or improper conduct, we’ll explain how whistleblower litigation might help you recover what you’ve lost.
We know that taking on an employer or school administration can be intimidating, but we are dedicated to protecting your rights and securing the legal relief you deserve.
Contact a skillful West Virginia employment lawyer for a free consultation.
The Moore Law Firm, PLLC represents West Virginia employees and students in various legal matters, including claims relating to discrimination and fair pay. Call us at 304-358-2208 or contact us online
to schedule a free initial consultation at our Morgantown office.